Sunday, April 12, 2009

Week 5 - Social Bookmarking and Tagging

I like the idea of managing my bookmarks online as aposed to having them stored on a particualar pc...so I think I'll keep using this tool. The experience was good in that I learnt something new...but I don't know if I'd place it in the category of liberating or empowering...it was definately not horrifying...
authority controls...I'm not sure what that means...I should look it up...I'm assuming the ability to place whatever tags one feels like on an item, and if that's the case...then no...the lack of authority controls don't bother me...there will always be a few people with enough time for malicious behaviour...but basically, the majority of us will use these tools in an effort to save time and create efficiencies
I'll have to think about the last question regarding the use of social bookmarking in libraries...I'll post my response later on...

No comments:

Post a Comment