Monday, April 6, 2009

Week 9 - Social Networks

I've had a facebook account for quiet a while now...but I added a few more friends...most importantly Graham...so I could get my check mark ;)
A while back I took the CE course: Technology, power and change...where the prof stated that facebook is financed in part by the CIA and that everything that's posted is kept indefinately...dispite a users attempts to delete it...
so here's my conspiracy theory...it's a tool (social networking tool) to know what we're thinking...and then who knows how and when this information will be used...
this course also spoke about the advances in technological surveillance...it's maybe a little farfetched to connect the 2...but to date I don't feel comfortable volunteering my thoughts...
having stated that...I visit regularly to see what others are up to...as so many have stated...it's a great way of keeping in touch with friends!

1 comment:

  1. Yep! You got your checkmark :)

    I am a little freaked out about the amount of information the internet knows about me... scary stuff. dun dun dun.

    ReplyDelete